Archives of the Frogans technology mailing lists

Archives Top > Early-questions mailing list > November 2015  by date | by thread > Message posted

From Anon_1540890247 <Anon_1540890247>
Sent Fri, 20 Nov 2015 18:54:14 UTC
Subject [Frogans technology - Early-questions] [FP-Dev] Frogans Player not starting on Windows 10 (build 1511)
To early-questions@lists.frogans.org
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 18:54:16 UTC

 Good evening,
I recently downloaded Frogans Player but I am unable to start Frogans
Player on my computer. After double-clicking the executable, nothing
happens. The executable seems to be running in background but nothing
appears on the screen. Moreover, the program doesn't use the CPU at
all. I can't see it in the task manager but can see it with
ProcessExplorer. The program cannot be killed, neither with
ProcessExplorer nor with the taskkill command.
I downloaded it several times and used several versions of Frogans
Player, including 0.1.8, 0.1.7 and 0.1.4. None of them worked.
Redownloading didn't resolve the issue neither. I also tried applying
compatibilty settings (Windows 7, 8) and launched it as Administrator
with no luck.
I am using the new version of Windows 10 x64 (build 1511) and had not
downloaded Frogans Player before updating and thus had not tested it on
another version of Windows.
According to the download page, it doesn't require any third-party
library so I don't know where this issue come from.
Anon_1540890247,
4th year Software Architecture student
Ecole Supérieure du Génie Informatique
Paris, France